Airbnb addresses eclipse tourists who lost their camping spots
(KUTV) Airbnb has issued a statement in response to the hundreds of eclipse tourists who lost out on their camping spots.
The tourists lost their camping spots when the property owner, a family member of the host, decided to disallow him from using the property as an Airbnb campground.
This host has been removed from our community and we are reaching out to the affected guests to offer our support.
We have a dedicated Customer Service team to assist Eclipse hosts and guests so that our community has the best and safest possible experience. In addition, all hosts and guests with Eclipse reservations have received information on how to best prepare in advance, as well as a direct email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) and a phone number (1-855-424-7262) to reach our Customer Service team.
We work hard to make sure every guest has a great experience on Airbnb and want to make it right when things don’t go as expected.
- If a reservation is cancelled by a host less than four weeks away (including last minute), we give the guest the option of a full refund or transferring to another reservation. If the guest chooses to transfer, we also apply a rebooking credit in case to help cover additional costs of other listings. What happens if my host cancels my reservation?
- 24/7 Global Response & Assistance: In the rare event that any issue should arise, Airbnb’s global Customer Service and Trust and Safety teams are on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week in 11 different languages to help make things right with rebooking assistance, as well as refunds, reimbursements, and insurance programs. If, for instance, you arrive at a listing and it’s not as advertised, all you need to do is reach out to our team as we are here to help.
Other Ways to Contact Customer Service:
- All guests with an active reservation have streamlined access to the Airbnb Customer Experience Team’s contact information during the most critical times of their trip — 48 hours before a reservation, during a reservation, and 48 hours after they check out. To access this information just open the app, go to “Profile”, tap “Help & Support”, and then tap “Contact Us”.
- The quickest way to get an answer to your question is to use our Help Center. There’s information on everything from Airbnb accounts to reservations, cancellations, and more. https://www.airbnb.com/help
- People can also reach us via twitter, by direct messaging @airbnbhelp
- Remember: In an emergency situation, or if your personal safety is threatened, contact local police or emergency services immediately.